New Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Goobee's Place Forum Index -> Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: New Case Reply with quote

Not sure why, I guess I had too much time on my hands. This weekend, I was flipping through ebay and found this guy selling his Alienware e-atx case. I got raped on shipping ($29.99 Yellow Rolleyes ) but $20 bucks is a good price for a e-atx case.

This is the case:

http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/MJ-12_7550a/mj-12_7550a_gallery_front.aspx?SysCode=PC-MJ12-7550-A&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
Diwata

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiny... Razz
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the weekend fixing the case. It was slightly damaged in shipping and the finish was pretty scratched up on one panel. The ebay ad say it was sold as-is but never mention it was scratched as badly as it was.

In any case, I decided to repaint the whole case. Spent most of Friday night doing prep work (ie: sanding and taping off) and painting on Saturday. I'm not sure if it's because the weather is cold but the paint job I did didn't come out very well. After two tries (ie: sanding and resanding) I'll just live with it.

This will be the first case without my trademark blowhold on top. The top and right side is one piece and riveted in place. Too much work to remove and I don't have a rivet tool to reinstall the rivets.

On a positive note, the case is really a Chenbro SR105 case with a different faceplate.

http://usa.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_01features.php?serno=18&PHPSESSID=225daf351ad0119d5b5ac40502379539

I'll get some pics up in a few days after I put the box together.
Almost "THE MAN!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice enough price even with getting raped on the shipping. Yellow Rolleyes
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked out to be a pretty decent case. Alienware puts all of their duallies in them up to Opty 285's so I guess the cooling should be adequate. We'll find out in this summer how the temps go but for now, it's pretty quiet with just 1 120mm and 1 92mm fans installed. There's a place for another 92mm but it's inside of the case and doesn't really draw fresh air in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Goobee's Place Forum Index -> Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: