This will be nice if they decide to build it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: This will be nice if they decide to build it Reply with quote

Mr. Green

http://seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Dodge-Challenger-Concept.htm
Almost "THE MAN!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I love the design a lot better than Chevy's abortion of a Camaro Concept. Yellow Rolleyes Hopefully they don't screw with it like they did the Charger Concept. Yellow Evil

I'm not that happy with Daimler/Chrysler drivetrains right now. Yeah, they get good power overall, not great, but competitive. Their efficiency sucks ass though. They ought to take a page from Chevy for their engines (seamless displacement-on-demand and overall efficiency for specific output) and from their own Mercedes for automatic transmissions. The Dodge 5-speed auto is weak, at least the version that they like throwing in everything <400 ft/lbs of torque is.

The one in my Dakota back home is already giving my sister trouble. That's after <34,000mi behind a 240HP engine. eeeeek At least it's still under warrantee (for another ~2000 mi.) and the local dealership isn't giving my sis any hassles for not being the registered owner. Yellow Cool
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Challenger concept looks like a Challenger. Not sure what to make of the Charger. Yellow Rolleyes

I hear you about the trannys. My 2001 Chrysler just had the tranny rebuilt, the torque converter failed. Even when running, the torq sucks. Chevy has better gearing I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Goobee's Place Forum Index -> Car Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: