Bah, car problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Goobee's Place Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like overkill, the engine can only take so much boost. Probably could have just hooked up a bottle of NOS and retuned it. thumbup
Almost "THE MAN!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was truly amazing is he's running 1500+ HP through the stock manual transmission. Crazy
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this guy, Cletus McFarland on youtube. He likes to take cars, soup them up and push them to their limits until they stop working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byjhGu_Bwh8
Flunky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after about a week of sitting in the driveway, I went to my chiropractor this morning. The tranny was hard shifting down on every gear. It's done this in the past but it was especially noticeable today. After it warmed up, it shifted normally again. Any idea if those transmission treatments at the auto parts store that promises "smoother shifting" will help? I'm trying to nurse this tranny for a bit longer before deciding to replace the tranny or the car.
Almost "THE MAN!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trust them. If anything, take it to someplace like Midas or Pep Boys and have them do a tranny flush. More expensive, but better for your transmission than putting in off-spec fluids that either won't do anything or may actually accelerate the wear.

I'm surprised it's still shifting so firm so long after removing the tune. You've put several hundred miles on it since then. If you've been easy on it, it should have "relearned" that driving style and calmed down by now. scratch
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sealed system so not a lot of places want to mess with it. Late last year, I had it done at a dealer (not the one that was trying to sell me a new engine Yellow Rolleyes ) and I haven't put that many miles on it since.

Which reminds me of a prior issue I had with that dealer. The car battery died and had to be replaced. The key fobs on this car loses it programming when the battery is disconnected or dies. While other GM cars do this as well, you can reprogram the fobs yourself with a built-in function in the car.

My particular car's fobs can only be reprogrammed by the dealer. The dealer that tried to sell me a new engine kept the car 2 days and finally said they couldn't reprogram my fob. I took it to the other dealer where they reprogrammed it without any trouble.
Almost "THE MAN!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd avoid that dealership like the plague. I'd never heard of the key fobs losing programming after a dead car battery. None of mine ever have. Sounds like a poorly designed system. dontknow
goobee
Flunky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's bullshit if you ask me. I've had to do it twice so far when I've had to replace my battery. Apparently you're supposed to clip a small battery to the leads so that there's a small charge at all times during the exchange. If you don't, the fobs lose their programming. Yellow Rolleyes
Flunky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green Hellcat in the first race looks awesome. The guy in the blue SS really blew the start. d'oh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_D8v-5vs28
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Goobee's Place Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: